How much will it cost?
My fees are usually from £50 per session for individuals and from £70 per session for couples.
What appointments and session times are available?
Monday to Thursday during the day or in the evenings.
Each session lasts 50 minutes for individuals, 60 minutes for couples, and is usually a fixed time and day each week, convenient for you, which is agreed between us subject to places being available.
What are my qualifications and level of experience?
Roehampton University London / University of Surrey
- Master of Arts in Psychoanalytic Studies
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling
Westminster Pastoral Foundation Therapy London
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Studies
- Diploma and Advanced Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling
- 19 years in the psychotherapeutic profession
- Licensed to practice Psychodynamic Psychotherapy by Westminster Pastoral Foundation Therapy London
Which professional bodies am I regulated by?
- UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) Registered Psychotherapist
- Registered Member British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) (Accredited)
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapist Member Foundation for Psychotherapy and Counselling London (FPC)
- Member of Council for Psychoanalysis and Jungian Analysis College (CPJA)
I comply with and abide by their code of ethics and practice.
Why use counselling and therapy and can it help?
Counselling and Psychotherapy provides an opportunity to talk about your actions, difficulties and problems in a safe and contained environment. Everyone has problems from time to time, however for the purposes of managing and dealing with your worries, it can be useful to choose a trained professional who can help you to explore your thoughts and feelings in an unconditional and confidential therapy setting.
Some people embark on a course of therapy at a time in their lives when for some reason it seems right to learn more about themselves and how they operate. This can provide a first step towards changes in perception, awareness and personal relationships, which can achieve lasting benefits from working on yourself therapeutically for a while.
In my practice the use of Psychodynamic Psychotherapy can be particularly helpful when experiencing deeper seated emotional and personal problems. These include depression, mania, relationship difficulties, separation and divorce, family issues, stress, trauma and traumatic feelings, anxiety, panic attacks, lack of confidence, bereavement, loss, low self-esteem, shame, difficulty expressing feelings, loneliness, sexual problems, eating disorders, issues relating to abuse, unhappiness in childhood, difficulties with self-identity, addiction and recurring problems of long duration.
Other areas of therapy I deal with:
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Fear of abandonment
- Dependency & Codependency, neediness and insecurity
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Passive Aggressive Disorder
- Personality Disorders
- Boarding school problems
- Suicidal thoughts
How long will therapy take?
I offer both long term and short term arrangements for periods of therapy that can be either open-ended or time-limited.
For further details please contact me to discuss your personal situation